This past week has been so crazy! Hurricane Matthew was probably the most stressful part of our week last week, shuttering houses and shopping for non perishable items is no fun! While I am so grateful that our area was spared, I feel so bad for the affected areas of the central and northern coast of Florida, especially poor St.Augustine and Jacksonville :( I hope that the affected towns will recover quickly!
On a different note...
I wanted to post real quick about engagement sessions.
Just the other day, I got an email from a bride asking when she should book her engagement session. I thought it might be helpful to share. I’ve gotten this question so many times after booking a client and I love it because the sooner that we can get the engagement session date on the books, the better we can do at planning ahead, which ultimately means less stress for my brides!
I totally understand that the wedding planning process can have it’s challenges. I had 6 months to plan my wedding (with the help of a fabulous wedding planner!) and I remember that I still felt a little overwhelmed with everything that there was to do, probably because I am a perfectionist/typeA/worrier! My planner was absolutely fabulous and took care of everything for me, if I hadn't had her, I do not know what I would have done!
That being said, the sooner you can plan your engagement session, the better. Here’s some reasons why:
- The sooner you have your engagement session, the sooner you can plan to send out your save the date cards! I just love getting save the date cards in the mail from my own clients, I always hang them on my fridge :)
- Depending on when your wedding is, you can coordinate your session to be in the opposite season. For example, if you are having a summer wedding then maybe you will want to have winter engagement photos (who doesn’t love boots, scarves, and sweaters?!)
- As a former bride, I suggest planning your session at least 6 months before your wedding. At this time, you can schedule a make up trial with your makeup artist that you will have at your wedding. Yay for looking fabulous!
- Because I do most of my business online, some of my couples are actually meeting me for the very first time at the engagement shoot. Meeting my couples and shooting their engagement session is so very helpful. It helps them get comfortable in front of my camera, and helps me to get to know how they interact with one another. By the end of the shoot, we feel more like friends, which is exactly how I want my couples to feel on their wedding day!
- Having the engagement session soon gives my brides enough time to order prints, make engagement albums and guestbooks for their wedding. I love making albums and prints for my clients and I entirely feel that every couple needs a printed photograph!
Interested in booking a session?